Fall is by far my favorite season, I obviously really enjoy summer but I love nothing more than fall! I look so forward to this time of year and all it has to offer that I thought I would stop by today and share my fall bucket list with you!
I have high hopes this year that Jason will continue to get one day a week of and we will make the most of it. I am planning nightly walks because although we are in the city there are tons of little parks that are bound to start changing their colors anytime!
I want to drink warm drinks and wander around and breathe in every single moment of this perfect season because it will be gone far too fast!
Here are some things I am looking to do before that horrific S word makes it appearance and ruins everything.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch! There is something wonderful and so fall like about visiting a pumpkin patch. Because we are in an apartment we wont carve pumpkins this year but I just want to go and walk around and take it all in.
- Make pumpkin bread. I don't love anything pumpkin really but it is Jason's absolute favorite thing and so I try really hard around this time of year to bake all things pumpkin and I have never tried Pumpkin bread before. I came across THIS recipe on Notes from Nessa and I plan to give it a try.
- Get new boots. Because I don't really have any fall boots. From this year at least.
- Take pictures of all the changes leaves. I absolutely love to take pictures and since not living in somewhere that I can take pictures of gorgeous things all the time I miss it, and I think fall is the perfect time to get back into it.
- Bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. These are by far Jason's favorite and its always great when hes working at this time of year because all the guys really love them too, I always love when he takes them in and I receive text messages all day with thank yous! I use the same recipe always which you can find HERE from a previous post!
- Wear as many over sized sweaters and cardigans that I can get my hands on. I think I need to do some shopping.
- Drink apple cider. I love all things apple and there is something about a nice warm cup of apple cider, preferably from a pumpkin patch but I will take it anyway I can get it.
- Go on a hay ride. I actually haven't done this in years but I love it, its one of the best fall activities and I really hope this year we can make it happen.
- Horse back riding. We actually do this almost every year for our anniversary when we are at home. This is one of my favorite things to do, god love my hubby who does it strictly because I love it. If you are in the Raleigh area I HIGHLY recommend visiting Dead Broke Horse Farm!
- Corn Maze. Do they still do this? I was watching Gilmore Girls the other day and it was the one where Taylor turns the whole town into a hay bale maze and I suppose its really the same thing. Either way I want to do this.
- Have a bon fire. Seeings how we live in the city right now I am hoping we can knock this out at some kind of fall festival because otherwise I can see it causing some trouble.
- Jump in a pile of leaves. Because I have 6 years old at heart.
- Attend a craft show, because I seriously love pretty much all things hand made.
- Make soup, lots and lots of soup.
- Attend a farmers market. I wish they had these all year round. We get crap produce here and they have hand made stuff, nothing bad about a farmers market in my book.
- Country Road Drive. Jason and I talk about this often, growing up in the city this was one of my favorite things to do always but especially in the fall. We love to get a coffee and go for a drive, to absolutely no where in particular just to enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Burn fall scented candles. I have been taking care of this for weeks already. We don't burn candles at the house so I am taking FULL advantage here, and re-purposing all the candles holders. (Stay tuned for a blog on that.)
- Enjoy every second of that crisp fall smelling air.
- Take lots and lots of walks.
- Wear/ buy scarves.
What are you great plans for the fall?? Please do tell!