Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray: Review


So as you guys all know Tanya and I ventured to Soho last week to visit the much anticipated Birch Box Store! I do follow Birch Box on Instagram as well as receive their emails, I have a subscription for their monthly boxes right now as well so I generally know what they are promoting and went into the store looking for a few specific items. 

Amika is a somewhat new line they are carrying and I was extremely anxious to check it out and see if they recommended it or not. I will blog more about our experience at the Birch Box store this week but I will say that the associates were so knowledgeable about all the products and had great information to make you confident in your purchase. 

I have a ton of wild hair and therefore I wont buy just any hair products. This is something great about the Birch Box is being able to try sample/travel size and make sure you are a fan before you spend the money for a full size bottle. I cannot wash my hair everyday because it really dries out my scalp, I am very particular when picking shampoo and conditioners because I need something that will keep my hair feeling clean and fresh for a few days. 

I will say that I don't use a ton of product in my hair like some people may, I do wash with a separate shampoo and conditioner, I use a heater protector for when I am using my blow dryer and flat iron. Generally the day before I wash my hair I use some dry shampoo just to freshen up the look and feel of my hair to get one more day out of it. That's about as far as my product use goes regularly because I don't like my hair feeling heavy, dirty or most of all greasy! 

I have been really interested in finding a product that will protect my hair and cut my blow dry time all in one if possible. I have been really thinking about purchasing the KMS California Free Shape Quick Blow Dry spray, I have nothing but good things to say about the KMS California products I have tried but when I saw these new Amika products advertised I had to investigate. 

After building our boxes at the store we decided to explore the products (which let me just say I could have stayed there all day.. everyday.. really). I made my way around and finally came across the Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray and while I was reading the bottle and of course smelling the product because that is just as important one of the associates came over to see if I needed any help. She said that this is actually a new favorite product of her and after explaining why I knew I had to buy it. 

I couldn't have been more anxious to try it out, I got some recommendations on how to best utilize the product and so the next night that is exactly what I did. I had a shower and washed my hair just like I always would. I put my hair up in a towel long enough to make sure I got as much of the water out of it as possible, my hair tends to hold as much water as possible and therefore it takes a ton of time in a towel to get the water out. When I let my hair down I sprayed my hair generously with the product and got out my blow dryer! Let me say I have a really terrible blow dryer but I without a doubt I noticed a huge difference. My hair dried quicker and without as much frizz, it smelled and felt great when I was done. The product didn't make my hair greasy or decrease the amount of time I could go without washing. 

Another great thing about the product is that instead of using dry shampoo the day before washing or any day in between washes I can spray more of the blowout spray in my hair and then give it a quick blow dry and my hair is good as new! 

I really cant say enough good things about this product but let me just say, what works for one person may not work for another. My hair is thick, heavy, curly and can go days without washing. Someone who has thin hair that they wash daily may not have the same results. In my experience your hair is unique and what works for someone else may not work for you. But if you are looking for a new product and you think the things I have talked about would suit your needs I highly recommend getting a sample size and giving it a try, you can find one of these on the Birch Box website (let me warn you I could seriously spend a small large fortune on there). If you live in the New York area, visit the store and speak to an associate, they are so extremely helpful. 

Amika carries a wide variety of products that you can view HERE at the Birch Box website or HERE at the Amika website.  

If you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comments and I will be sure to answer if I can, or at least try and steer you in the right direction if I cant! 

Hope everyone is having a great day!! 




 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment