Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Fault in our Stars by John Green / Book Review

** Disclaimer: If you have not read this book, then you may not want to read this post as I will probably give too much away and would hate to ruin it for you!!**


I am pretty sure I am the last person in the world to have actually gotten my hands on that book and although many people have reviewed it I honestly didn't know how the book would end. I have been dying to read this book for months and last week when we were at BJ's I took notice of it in the book section and I had to have it! Now that I have read it I'm not sure I actually needed to do so...

You can read an overview of the book HERE on Goodreads.com along with reviews of the book and such. 

Honestly I was up half the night last night (two nights ago now, I meant to post this yesterday) thinking about what I was going write about this book and debating what it was that I actually thought about it, and truthfully I am still not sure. 

I had coffee with Tanya in the park yesterday (really yesterday, I only wrote half this post yesterday) and tried to tell her about the book and I did a lot of stammering and stuttering and I still feel like that's how this post may come out. 

Would I recommend this book?

I would absolutely recommend this book, I think I would recommend any book that causes me to fall in love with a character, that has lines that when read gives me shivers and that leaves me a hysterical sobbing mess in bed because something happened that I never expected and at the same time made my heart hurt. 

The characters in this book reminded me of all the things I have to be thankful for, they make you want to be a better person and appreciate every moment of everyday.. you wanted to be friends with them. Oddly. Sometimes its really easy to get wrapped up in the little things and truly make them bigger then they are without taking a step back and remembering just how lucky you really are. Now don't get me wrong I am not that person that when listening to your problems would tell you to suck it up because someone else in the world is dying of cancer, I hate when people do that.. but sometimes it doesn't hurt to consider just how fortunate you are. 

This book gives you perspective. The characters are profound and quirky and everyone has a story. Although there are obvious main characters while reading I felt like every character had a place and although they weren't center stage they were always in my thoughts. 

I feel like the book was extremely well written and having said that and that I enjoyed it so much I still cant seem to find words. 

I want to say that the book made me sad that bad things happen to good people, that its unthinkable that parents watch their children die to a disease they have no control over.. they give up their lives to be full time care givers more then willingly and lose that child and then have to figure out how to live again, no longer as a parent and its just not fair. Its sad to think that not all kids get to be kids, they don't get to worry about who is going to be allowed to play that night, who they will ride bikes with but they worry about cancer doctors and PET scans, in what world is that fair?

Read this book. Read this book because I think it will change the way you look at life, if even for just a minute. Read this book because it is by no means a waste of time. 

READ THIS BOOK BEFORE YOU WATCH THE MOVIE!! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a quick other note - HAPPY FRIDAY! Do you believe today is the first day of August? WHERE DID SUMMER GO?? I won't lie I am cherishing every moment of summer but I am a little excited for fall. Not to mention we get to go home again this month.. HOORAY FOR THAT!

I'm hoping by tonight there is a change in weather because we have some outdoor plans for this weekend and I will be really disappointed if it rains on my tubing parade!

I hope y'all had a great week, have a safe and happy weekend!!








 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment