Monday, November 3, 2014

Products I'm Loving October 2014

Good Morning,

So there has been a lot of product talk lately, for those of you who are less interested in these sort of post I do apologize! I try and space them out and keep a variety going around here but sometimes this is just what I feel like talking about. Truth be told at this point in my life I am more into make up, skin care, beauty and fashion more than I ever have been and because its a huge interest of mine what better place to share.

Looking back I actually haven't done a products I am loving post since July which seems crazy to me because I tend to try new products here and there and I'm lucky that most of them work for me. I have a feeling with my Birch Box subscription and hopefully a try home soon I will have more to share.

So shall we get into what I've been loving lately?

1. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser and Dark Spot Corrector


I'm getting old guys, I just had a birthday and it was time to bust out the age rewind with hopes that things don't get any worse. Its not really a matter of damage control but prevention! Truth be told I was interested in trying a new concealer when mine ran out and this was the same price as the one that wasn't age rewind so I figure why not! I had reservations about this because of the sponge on the end, I feared it would get dirty and gross but that isn't the case as all. 

I really like this product, it gives great coverage and highlight to the under eye and where ever else applied. I do set it with a press powder but have no had any issues with it creasing throughout the day. I don't find it to be really heavy like a lot of concealers which I really like and I know it may strike you as odd for me to say this, but it smells fantastic! 

I cannot recall any other makeup product from the Maybelline line that I have tried, I have used their mascaras as well as eye shadows but nothing foundation wise and I am very happy with it. It is reasonably priced and I would absolutely purchase it again. 

I purchased mine at Bed Bath & Beyond but you can purchase it HERE at Target for $6.99! For your reference I believe I purchased mine in the color: Fair Light. 

2. Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel 


I know what you're thinking, what could I possibly need volumizing gel for.. well let me explain. I don't actually use this throughout my hair, I use it just at my roots! My hair is really heavy and therefore because of the weight I tend to lose volume at the top of my head. When I get out of the shower I go through my normal hair routine and then apply this to my damp roots before blow drying. I don't use this all the time, sometimes I will even apply it to dry hair and then blow dry the roots quickly just to give it a boost and it works great! 

I love the Big Sexy Hair spray and stay hair spray so when I came across this on sale for less than half price I figured why not give it a try. I cannot vouch for the volume it would give throughout your hair if you applied it all over before blow drying but like I said I have considerably heavy hair because its so thick and it really works for me. 

I have used a lot of actual root boosters, which this technically is not (Big Sexy Hair actually has their own root booster) and some work and some don't. You can find these products in a variety of price ranges but for a random purchase because of a sale I couldn't be happier with the result. Big Sexy Hair products can be purchased at Target or Ulta. 

3. The Body Shop White Musk Body Oil


First of all I just want to say I don't generally shop at The Body Shop anymore, we had a major falling out when we lived in Alaska due to their customer service and CRAP policies about shipping to Alaska when they had a store there. Then we moved back to the lower 48 and one of the associates at LUSH told me they test their products on animals. Naturally I boycotted them, and forced Tanya to do the same. Recently while watching Essie Button videos on Youtube I have been wanting to visit the store again. 

I remember being in elementary school and LOVING the Body Shop body oils, mostly Sumatra and my cousin loved White Musk. I purchased this body oil quite some time ago and I suppose in all our moving and packing, unpacking and storing things it got lost in translation and I have only recently (in the last year) came across it and on occasion used it again. I have to tell you, I love this stuff! I love the smell of it, its the opposite of the fresh scents that I usually wear but its so cozy. 

The oil itself is long lasting and once applied doesn't make your skin feel oily which is obviously a good thing. Now I will say that last week I broke, while walking by the Body Shop at the mall Tanya and I went in... I know, I know.. way to stick to my convictions! I didn't buy anything if that helps, but I came across a Red Musk that also smelled amazing! Like I said I didn't buy anything.. so I am staying away again.. or I just might!


4. Maybelline Color Sensational The Mattes Lip Color


I am so into lipsticks right now, I don't ever pick up a lip gloss ever and couldn't tell you the last time I did. I am loving the color variety that is out there, the different formulas and the packaging isn't half bad either! I suppose with my new love of makeup and different products I have come to learn the difference lipstick and color choice can make all the difference to your look. 

I have completely fallen in love with Maybelline Mattes and let me tell you it was really hard to do so because it seemed impossible to get my hands on any of them! I was out for the 'Touch of Spice' color as I had seen it recommended by tons of beauty vloggers and thought it would be a great fall color. After searching and searching I finally found one at Bed Bath & Beyond and I loved it more than I had expected! The color is perfection, its extremely long wearing and for a matte it isn't drying at all. 

Now I fell in love with it and then couldn't find it again!!! I would actually get pissed every time I would go into Target or Bed Bath & Beyond and they didn't have any out. I understand they were popular but RESTOCK! In my constant search I came across another color and figured why not grab another one seeings how I loved more than just the color, so I did. This time I purchased 'Lust of Blush' and I love it just as much.. I may even lean towards saying I wear it the most! 

So the dilemma at hand, I have two of these lip sticks I absolutely LOVE and they are sold out everywhere. I know what you're thinking, I have two why am I still looking? Well I wish my brain worked like that, I just wanted to get my hands on more! So one night Jason and I wander down to Target randomly and as soon as I walk in the door I stop dead in my tracks, there was a MASSIVE display, fully stocked of the Maybelline Mattes! I didn't know what to do with myself and was already dreading the explanation I would have to give Jason when I bought 20 of these lipsticks. Don't worry I didn't buy 20, Jason would have had a stroke and I was way too happy about my lipsticks to deal with that so I just bought two! I got another 'Touch of Spice' for safe keeping obviously and a new color 'Darling Nude'. 

I am telling you ladies, don't walk, RUN.. go to your local store where you buy your cosmetics and get yourself one of these babies! I cannot say enough good things about them! Go.. RIGHT NOW!

Oh, and so you don't think I am over the top about these things, although I don't think that's possible; I don't love that all the packages/caps are the exact same color. Its hard when I am digging for one and have three that look the exact same. Ain't nobody got time for that! 

5. Olay Fresh Effects Bright On Schedule Eye Awakening Cream


This is a repeat in a way, I did a full review HERE on all the Olay Fresh Effects Products awhile ago but it hasn't been included in one of these posts so I am including it, plus.. I love it! 

I have sleep problems pretty regularly and the longer it goes on the worse I look in the morning. This is the first under eye product I have used like this, generally I go straight to concealer and call it good! But when I fell in love with all the Fresh Effects products I thought why not give this one a try as well. Its really amazing to me how quickly this stuff makes a difference, especially when its mostly all natural! 

In the morning I wash my face and give it a spritz of mineralized water, I let the water soak in a little and then I get out this baby! With this product a little goes a long way, I give it a little squeeze and roll it under both eyes. It soaks in almost immediately and then I got straight to my foundation, my concealer doesn't crease because of using this and it makes a visible difference in my dark circles. 

Feel free to read my full review accessible via the link above, but I highly recommend this product, from what I hear it works just as good if not better then a lot of the high end ones available! 

6. Bath & Body Works C.O Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine: VANILLAMINT


This isn't exactly a repeat, I talked about a different mentha lip shine HERE in March but I think I actually like this one better. I won't lie I think they are a little pricey, $7.00 for a lip gloss but I really love these. They smell absolutely incredible and when I have super dry lips these are what I go looking for! I have one by my bed specifically because although this is a thick lip gloss I can put it on before I go to bed and wake up and its still on! I swear I'm not magic or anything! 

I frequent Bath & Body Works because I love all the different scents, all of their products are amazing and on my last visit I came across a fall variety of these lip glosses. I highly recommend the Orchard or Wild Madagascar Vanilla. Buy two get one free!! If I have convinced you, click HERE! 

7. Nabisco Pumpkin Spice Oreo


Now before you all freak out, just know I am being honest! I don't like anything pumpkin really, I don't get excited about pumpkin spice lattes, I don't like pumpkin pie.. nothing. Having said that Jason pretty much loves all things pumpkin so during this time of year I tend to pick up things here and there that I come across because its seasonal and he likes to get his fill. 

About a month ago, maybe less I was wandering around Target and came across these and thought Jason would absolutely love them! They were in the house for about a week before I gave in and tried one... I was pleasantly surprised by how much I actually liked them. I can't say that they taste much like pumpkin spice, or not to me at least, to be honest Jason actually didn't like them. We have had them for about a month and he has maybe had 3 and there are about 2 left.. yes, I ate them. I'm not ashamed. 

So if you are like me and generally disappointed by the fact that Fall is such an amazing time of year but none of the snacks call to you, I say buy yourself some pumpkin spice oreos!! 

I know it doesn't seem like a lot but those are some products I am loving right now! Like I said with my Birch Box subscription I think I will have a lot more reviews around here! I am always interested in your opinions, if there are any products you are loving and think I might like please do share!!

I hope you are all having a fantastic week!!


 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment