Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Recipes I Want to Try

Good Morning,

Do you ever get in a dinner funk? Feel like you are eating the same thing over and over again and just get tired of it? We totally fall into that trap and its even worse when Jason ends up working really long hours and we tend to not to want to be eating bigger meals later or we don't eat together at all.

I really rely on Pinterest to hook me up with new ideas of things to make! I try to pick out a few recipes at the beginning of the week and make a grocery list based on those recipes. I try to plan the weeks meals ahead of time as well, not that I am not flexible as to what days but knowing when they are going to fall into my week and having what I need works out really well for me.

Personally I cant plan to go to the grocery store everyday, mostly because I hate that place but lets be honest you always leave with a lot more than you went in with! It ends up being more costly so planning ahead has a lot of benefits. I also find if you buy everything you need all in one stop when you get home you can prepare everything so each meal is made a little easier because the prep time is cut way down. You know, wash and cut your veggies, chop veggies for certain dishes, etc. We generally buy meats in more bulk like packages and therefore separate it into smaller portions according to what will be needed for each meal (Jason does this to be honest because I don't really care for touching raw meat).

So here are some recipes that are on my list to try in the near future, I thought I would share as they may just work nicely into your dinner routine as well.

1. Chicken Parmesan Casserole


I actually found this recipe on Pinterest but with the click of a button it took me back to its original origin of the Thriving Home Blog. I will say the thing I like about casseroles is the fact that you can make them ahead of time, which I usually do! If I know I am going to be busy during the day I try and make the casserole in the morning so I can just pop it into the oven and be done with it for dinner. I do however like the option of making them ahead and freezing them as well. Its great for it I am at home or something and Jason is on his own for meals and working all day, I will make some casseroles ahead of time, he can take them out in the morning and then pop them in when he gets home. Easy peasy right?

If you would like to try this recipe feel free to click on the name of the recipe above or view my Pinterest RECIPES board HERE.



Doesn't that look DIVINE? Jason is not a lover of sweet potatoes and so making them a regular on the menu doesn't go over well. I thought it we maybe spiced up the sweet potato it might get Jason on board with a healthier version of the potato. The above picture shows shredded chicken, salsa, etc which I think is fantastic but you can really make it your own as well. Chipotle pulled pork, pulled chicken, brisket.. whatever your heart desires. This would be a really easy and satisfying meal. 

Again if you would like to check this out feel free to wonder on over to my RECIPES board HERE or click the name of the meal above to go to its original post! 



Its no secret to anyone that knows me that I don't particularly care for a big meal.. ever. Jason is really a meat and potatoes kind of guy so dinner like this are not really his favorite. However I think this may be something that kind of meets in the middle. I absolutely LOVE bruschetta and although traditionally it is made with tomatoes you can really make it your own and with that option I think Jason could find something he liked. Sometimes its nice to have options and variety in a meal and I feel like that would give you just that, and with that all the leftovers you may have from this meal can make wonderful additions to another meal later in the week. 

This is on my Pinterest RECIPES board as well, or you can click above!



First of all who even knew William & Sonoma had a blog? I'm not going to lie we like pasta around these parts but not in a huge variety.. I am picky about the actual pasta and Jason is picky about everything else. This pasta came across my attention on Pinterest and I really think it would be a really great change in our pasta rotation and something we would both really enjoy. I don't like cream sauces and I get tired of red sauces so the idea of having a pasta so flavorful from its components versus the sauce seems like a really great alternative. This is high on my list of things to try and the cool weather approaches. 

I think you should all definitely check out the William and Sonoma Blog but if you just want to save the recipe for future reference find it HERE on my Pinterest RECIPES board. 



This is all me, I couldn't get Jason to eat this if my life depended on it.. he loves enchiladas but he would never eat the squash. I went through a phase where all I wanted to eat was spaghetti squash with roasted chicken, grape tomatoes and lots of garlic! These spaghetti squash boats are a huge thing and I am all about it! There are tons of different recipes but this is the one I am interested in trying! This really is a quick recipe so why not add it in this week and give it a whirl? Make it your own, try something new! 

If you're as interested as I am click HERE to visit my Pinterest RECIPES board. 


So those are the top 5 recipes I am anxious to try right now! What are some of your favorite recipes or ones that you are interested in trying? Sharing recipes is a great way to try something new and find new favorites!! 








 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment