Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Revenge

Well I didn't win both pools last night, the Bengals screwed me! Therefore this week, I shit talk like its my job!! Truthfully this early in the season I know its a total crap shoot and contrary to what Bubba and Jason think I don't check injury reports, stats or predictions I just pick! I know enough about the game and watch religiously that I feel like I don't need all the other stuff and so far it hasn't steered me wrong! If only you could have heard Bubba and Jason face timing tonight saying how I cheat because they suck... ya I said it.. I told ya.. let the shit talking begin!

Anyways I didn't make it around here today, I told you before that I wasn't going to force it if I didn't have anything to say because I feel like it really just takes away from to content so I didn't force it. The day actually got away from me which never happens around here. I had a bunch of stuff to get done today, and after dinner we didn't make it to the gym until 7:30pm which I hate.. I would much prefer to go in the morning or at the very least right after dinner but whatever... When we got there it was packed so we ended up not staying forever but got in a good work out. It was a beautiful summer night to walk home and enjoy before the rain hits tonight and to stick around all day tomorrow I hear!

The gym actually leads into why I stopped around these parts in the first place this late at night. I know I have complained about TV here before and all the crap reality TV that exists these days. I say "crap" but to each their own, I have one or two that I watch just like everyone else, but as the days go on they just seem to get worse and worse.

Have I ever talked about my love of fat shows? If not, I'm addicted! I absolutely love fat shows, I use to have one favorite in particular and for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it but it was all kids losing weight the summer before college! They were given this amazing opportunity to work with a personal trainer who pushed them like no one else and regimented their diet! I think having my own personal weight struggles and working hard at it I really admired the strength I knew it took for these people to accomplish their goals as they were larger then I have ever been and had to work ten times harder.

I would anxiously await the show every week, curl up where ever there was a free TV and get completely sucked in beyond my control. At the end of the show when they revealed their new weight I would cry with pride, and if they screwed up the whole thing and wasted the opportunity I despised their attitude and wished I never watched. Haha talk about getting too involved! I just LOVE shows where people have the opportunity to change their lives, be who they have always wanted to be, for so many reasons.

I am a huge believer in personal growth at all ages, I think having the desire to better yourself is amazing.. you are ever changing as you grow older, have new goals and advance to different places in your life. The gift of encouragement or other supportive means you need to achieve your goals is incredible! So this new show irritates me greatly...

I never got into the biggest loser, I don't know why I just never watched. I think maybe I prefer to the more personal stories, one on one kind of thing and the show was just so commercialized and more about the teams from what I could tell then one person and their goals and aspirations for losing the weight and the person they wanted to be after. In the personal stories you really get to know these peoples struggles, how they got where they are and what brought about the need for change.

The new show is called "My Big Fat Revenge" and basically what it is, is one person loses all kinds of weight sets up someone who made them feel like shit while they were fat and embarrasses them the same way they were embarrassed by this person in the past. I cant help but be annoyed by this, does this really make you feel better? Is this why you worked your ass off to lose the weight, to throw it in someone else face? I feel like its really taking away from their journey, this amazing thing that they have accomplished.

Don't lose weight because you want to fit into societies view of beauty, lose weight because you want to feel good and be healthy. Eat right and exercise regularly because you want to live a long and healthy life with your friends and family. Healthy and fit is a lifestyle its not just one choice everyday, its THE decision that affects your choices everyday.

I catch a lot of shit for the emphasis I place on my weight and truthfully I don't care what my BMI says and although I know better I do care too much what the number on the scale says.. so we don't own a scale and I don't get one the one at the gym. When I waver from my healthy eating, water drinking, regular exercise routine I don't like the way my body feels, I don't like the way my clothes fit, I don't like it and it effects my day from the start. It takes me forever to get dressed, I end up settling with the best of the worst and I walk around self conscious all day wishing I hadn't had that one extra beer (OK, its rare I regret a beer.. but the brownie.. I regret the brownie!)

As I've said before you can absolutely treat yourself and you should!! Like everything else in life its all about moderation. But want to be healthy, want to fit, want to be comfortable in your own skin, for no one else but for you. Maybe you don't think I need to lose weight but I need to be comfortable in my own skin, just like anyone else. So for all you people who work your ass off the shed the pounds to get you to a healthy weight, do it for you, do it because you deserve to be the best you that you can be.. not to shame someone who obviously wasn't a good enough person when you were larger, and certainly doesn't deserve a relationship with you now that you aren't. Don't diminish your journey, don't demean your hard work by making it seem as though it was all to throw it in someone else face... you are so much better than that!



 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

2 comments:

  1. Before you get deep into the shit talking, my question is, have you made a decision yet on what team you want to make a stand with ? A weeks ago it was the Patriots, maybe, if you get a sweater for your birthday. So what is it ? Decide ! Make a decision ! There is still room left on the Patriots caravan for you but the clock is clicking ! Clean the shit out of your ears, climb on board and come over to the win win side ! 😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and one more thing, your Mom has a team she is loyal too, ( at least I think she is, we will see if she picks the Bears this week). So lets go lunch box !

    ReplyDelete