Monday, March 9, 2015

Prodigal Son by Danielle Steel: A Book Review

Well... I did not think I was going to make it here today!

As you know we have been having computer issues and finally on Saturday I took it into Geek Squad and begged them to fix it. When Jason got a call last night that it was done, I woke lie I was extremely skeptical. Mostly I wondered what they would do differently in store than when they accessed my computer remotely in the past. I was anxious to get over there today and pick it up. When I got there the wait was absolutely RIDICULOUS, word of advise.. if you have to go to Geek Squad, Make an appointment. Anyways when they came out with the computer I insisted we open it up and check it out. What do you know, same issues! I ended up being there FOREVER and after trying a few more things we seem to be on a good path. I brought it home and hopefully we have fixed the problem.

Besides that its an absolutely GORGEOUS day here, just like Spring and I was so excited to get out and enjoy it. First stop of our leasing office to GIVE OUR NOTICE!!!! Two months and we are moving out!! YAY!! I am seriously counting down the days! It also means that we go home at the end of the month and then again in a month after that!!! Things are looking up people!

Anyways now that I have rambled I have a bunch of blogs planned for this week so stay tuned. Today I thought I would stop by now that I have the computer back unexpectedly and share a book review because there hasn't been one around these parts in awhile!! Lets jump in!


This is a synopsis taken directly from the goodreads.com website:

Twin boys grow up in the same family, in the same town. Dramatically different, they become bitter enemies, even as children: one good, one bad. One leaves his peaceful hometown, but when all else fails, the prodigal son returns, twenty years later, moving into his parents' lakeside cottage. But the reunion of the brothers, sweet and healing at first, exposes shattering revelations...

I know what you are thinking, another Danielle Steel.. get use to it guys! I really like her books and really we should be giving her props for banging out a new book what seems like every single week! 

I really enjoyed this book, I found it to be slightly different from her usual writing style. There is very rarely a villain that plays such a large role within her books. Not to mention that you would never expect, it was funny although so much was insinuated while reading it was in such a slight way that I wasn't entire convinced he would end up being such a horrific character! 

The book is quite sad, so many tragic events and tragic lives but so real at the same time. There were obvious main characters but even secondary characters were felt to play a major role and you got to know them which I really enjoy in a book, I feel that its more well rounded. 

If you are looking for a new book and this is your style then I would highly recommend checking this out! I believe it just came last week so I haven't seen it in stores yet but I know you can get it for e-readers! 

This book marks the 8th book towards my goal of reading 50 books this year! This puts me at 16%, not too shabby!!

I am off to get things done around the apartment, I didn't plan to be out all day today so some chores around here have fallen to the wayside! I hope you guys all had a great weekend, and are lucky enough to be getting this wonderful weather we are!! 

Thank you again for stopping by!

 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment