Friday, March 13, 2015

High Five for Friday! 3.13.15

Happy Friday y'all!

Its a gorgeous day here and Jersey, I am feeling so fantastic about this Spring like weather let me tell ya! This morning I met Tanya early to head into Hoboken for her to get her hair cut and me to sit and watch.. because we all know of my hair cutting phobia. I really do need to cut it, but I feel like it takes my hair a long time to grow (which it really doesn't) and I do like long hair but I'm just over dealing with it all and if we are going to be home in the summer it will be too hot to have all this hair. So I am going to cut it.. probably when we go home.

Anyways I'm rambling. Basically its a gorgeous day to be out and about and we are so fortunate to be out and about along the water!


So we are here to chat about the highlights of me week so lets just dive in, because clearly I am in a chatty mood today!

1. The Spring like weather.

Big surprise right? As I have mentioned in my last two blogs I swear I feel like a whole new person with this weather. I had dreaded how I would deal with a northern winter and turns out I did worse than I had expected to. The nice weather here has really turned around my mood and how I feel about being here as well, I despise it just a little less! Spring is just such a beautiful time of year, I am so excited its here!

2. Yorkshire Pudding Success!

Do you know what yorkshire pudding is? I grew up eating it and I have to say its one of my absolute favorite foods. I don't really know how to explain it, its like a pastry I suppose but not a sweet one, more savory, I would eat mine with a little butter and gravy! Traditionally we always have it with a roast beef dinner, or at least we did when I was growing up, I cant imagine what else you would eat it with. So when I decided to try it out for the first time on my own last Saturday I made a full on roast beef dinner, even though I wasn't going to eat the roast beef. As I said its truly one of my favorite foods ever, its definitely by no means good for you but when it comes to these I don't really care.. they are definitely a treat and one that I never get anymore! I use to beg my Mom to make them every single time we went home and if she didn't someone else would. Well we don't really get there much anymore and in the past year or more when we have I haven't gotten any yorkshire pudding so I decided I was finally going to try to make it on my own. I assumed this was going to be a feat, they probably wouldn't turn out the first time I tried, it would take time to perfect but let me tell you I was really happy with my first try! 


These things were so good,  I won't even tell you how many I ate. Its pretty dangerous that I now know I can make them because I truly could eat them by the pan! But I wont. Probably. 

3. Dunkin Donuts Butter Pecan Iced Coffee

Jason and I became addicted to these last year I believe. I was never a huge fan of iced coffee until I got one at Dunkin Donuts one time while we were traveling and it was fantastic. Because I was raving about it Jason decided to give it a try and ended up drinking the majority of it. When its warm out and we are traveling (our travel is generally done in the truck) we live off these bad boys! Well this past week it was finally warm enough to enjoy something iced rather than hot and let me tell you I fell in love all over again! Dunkin Donuts has such a huge array of flavor shots for your coffee and iced coffee is really nice for a change, if you are generally not a fan of iced coffee I encourage you to give theirs a try!! 


4. New York City

I had admitted that I didn't feel as in love with the city this time as I was when we lived here years ago. Don't get me wrong its still one of my absolute favorite places but I guess having spent so much time here before the newness has worn off and its just hasn't been as exciting! There are times though that I'll be in the city and find myself infatuated all over again with its beauty and all it has to offer. I am thankful we've had the chance to be back here and enjoy the city all over again and all it has to offer, I will miss it when we aren't here but know that we will at least visit again. This week in the city I had one of those moments of awe when in the Flat Iron district amongst the winter terrarium exhibit, it was amazing!


5. NEW PURSE & Perfume!

So I have been pining over the Louis Vuitton Neverfull purse forever and I finally got it this week and I couldn't be more thrilled. I meant to take pictures but it didn't happen so you'll have to do some googling! I love purses and this one is such a luxury, its the perfect size and shape, I love that it will fit all my crap! I am very excited. I also managed to pick up the Issey Miyake perfume in L'Eau d'Issey and its heavenly! Lucky duck I was this week!! 

So that is what I have been up with this week! Jason and I had a date night last night which was really nice, I never take advantage of nights out and our time together because with the hours Jason works sometimes it can be few and far between getting it. We went out for a fantastic dinner and for a walk afterwards, came home and curled up on the couch to play cribbage. Funny story one of the guys as work taught Jason a different version of playing cribbage and he's been obsessed. We generally love to play and I actually like this version as well but I whoop Jason every time we play, HA! Its fantastic! 

I hope you guys have had a great week, enjoying the Spring weather and have a great weekend ahead. Sadly here it is suppose to rain all day tomorrow but I plan to make good use of the day with a good book! 

Thank you guys for taking the time out of your day to stop in here and peak at what I have been up to! 

This week I am linking up with:


and of course these lovely ladies below!




 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

2 comments:

  1. That iced coffee looks so yummy! Perfect for the Spring weather :) And those Yorkshire Puddings turned out great! I've never made them before, but eaten them a fair share of times. Yum! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and thanks for linking up at H54F!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Katie! Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well! :)

      Delete