Monday, September 8, 2014

Things That Make Me Happy!

Good Monday morning y'all!

Did everyone have a great weekend, watch a ton of football and drink too much beer? Ya me too either. How exciting that regular season NFL is back... I cant get enough! Although I love summer I wish it away every year waiting in a small way waiting for football season to return, lets be honest its a magical time of year.

I actually where clothes when I do it, but you get the point. 

I thought we would keep it light around here today and I would list off some things that make me happy, and I would love to know what makes you happy! I decided to do this blog because last night I was listening to music and singing away and it was almost laughable how happy I was doing it. I tried to sit and read while the music was on but I couldn't because I couldn't stop myself from singing!

Shall we get started?

1. Music. Obviously. I love country, its my thing but I don't really discriminate and pretty much enjoy most music. When we take road trips I control the radio and if I am singing away at the top of my lungs (which usually I am) and Jason changes the song I become irrationally angry. When we drive with anyone else but our in our truck I almost insist without being rude that I sit in the front because I need to control the radio and sing and I know that if I have the radio loud enough only Jason will hear me. I have learned to control my singing while running outside or at the gym (thankfully) but let me tell you its hard. I love nothing more than a front seat dance party, its the only thing that gets me through long trips and we have smart TV's everywhere and being able to have Pandora on in the house while I do things is FANTASTIC! No matter where I am if a great song comes on the radio I most likely look like this..


2. Sunsets. I think these make everyone happy, there is just something about the perfect sunset that makes you want to sit and stare. When I got through pictures I've taken over the years I feel like I have a million pictures of sunsets. We have been so fortunate to be in some amazing places and see some amazing things but still a good sunset will stop me dead in my tracks. There really is nothing like a sunset in the prairies or a sunset in the south!



3. The smell of fresh cut grass, camp fires and snow. I freakin' hate snow, lets just settle that one right now but there is something about the smell of snow in the air. Last winter we were at the house and somehow every time it snowed Jason was traveling for business (boy was he pissed). Because the snow here is so light and doesn't come down it piles I would sit outside on the front steps and just smell the air, its magical really. That's as far as snow and I go though. The smell of campfires is a huge one, we use to smell them in Alaska all the time because our apartment complex all the units had wood burning fire places and it reminded me of summer. There is something about sitting around a camp fire that is practically everyone's happy place, the smell is always intoxicating. Last but not least the smell of fresh cut grass.. I don't know what it is, I think this could be one that not everyone would agree with, especially you people with allergies but I think its fantastic. It doesn't make me want to cut the grass or anything but I'll sit on the deck and drink beers and smell it while you cut the grass, not a problem!

3. A good chick flick. I know what you're thinking, typical girl. I cant help it, its not very often I can convince Jason to curl up on the couch with me while I pick the movie and truth be told when I pick something girl he usually falls asleep. But I love because wrapped up in a blanket snuggling on the couch with Jason watching a movie I know is bound to make me sob buckets. Its a great thing. 

4. A hot cup of coffee. Recently we were walking to Hoboken and Mel said she was giving up coffee for the month of September which prompted Tanya to say she really hasn't been drinking coffee much anymore and the only thing I could think to say was "WHY??" I LOVE coffee! Coffee is the reason I get out of bed in the morning, I look so forward to. If I'm having a bad day I want to go to Starbucks and get a coffee. I don't know why some people don't like coffee, they should see a doctor about that or something. Coffee is so good. Period. Having said that I don't think I drink a lot of coffee, one or two cups a day but let me tell you I enjoy every single drop! I personally like my coffee with raw cane sugar and light vanilla almond milk, but I can drink it a variety of ways and still enjoy it. There is something so comforting about a warm cup of smooth creamy coffee first thing in the morning that I don't think I could ever live without.

Don't I wish my coffee looked like this every morning. 


5. A glass of wine. On the flip side of a good cup of coffee I thoroughly enjoy a glass of wine. I never use to drink wine and I think its true me fashion I tried one kind didn't like and in my head declared all wine bad. Well I was missing out because I know enjoy a variety of wine and truly that's thanks to Tanya. Tanya over a Prairie Girl in the Big Scary World is something of a wine aficionado and when I explained what I didn't like about wine she knew exactly what I would like and she couldn't have been more right. Although I like beer and mixed drinks I like to have the option of a glass of wine while out to dinner but especially at home. I wont go as far to say that I have a glass every night but I really should. 



6. The perfect pair of jeans. This my friends is no small feat, there is something about slipping into the perfect pair of jeans that instantly boost your confidence! Sometimes I think there is no better feeling, you can not feel great in your own skin but a good pair of jeans can really turn that around. Its why I'm not cheap when it comes to jeans because that feeling alone is worth every penny. I seriously need to lose some weight so I can fit into my jeans again. #fatgirlprobs

7. Autumn. Is there anything better than sweater weather, warm scarves and gorgeous scenery? I was so lucky to grow up somewhere that fall was absolutely magical! The trees in northern Ontario is some of the most spectacular beauty you will ever see. I love apple orchards and pumpkin farms, warm drinks and warm clothes. Fall is my favorite time of year and I feel like Jason and I always have the biggest plans for fall even though with his work schedule they don't often pan out. Last year under sad circumstance we spent some time in Maine during fall and let me tell you New England in the fall holds a piece of my heart, if you have a chance to get away in the fall go to New England.. or Ontario.. whatever it closer! 



8. Christmas. Lets be honest the smell of snow and Christmas are the only two good things about winter. I freeze my ass off for months (when we aren't at home because the south is the only place winter is tolerable) but I do with the consolation I get Christmas. I love how festive everything is at Christmas, this past year with the Seavey's for our first Christmas in our new home was better than I could have ever hoped for. Jason and I always make a big deal out of decorating our tree, we play Christmas music and drink hot chocolate.. I love it! I put a ton of thought and effort into the gifts I buy, although it gets harder every year I try really hard to always buy everyone at least one really special gift and enjoy nothing more than seeing them open them. Jason and I had very different Christmas's growing up and have adapted more of my family traditions in the process of making our own and I feel like every year a Christmas Jason magically transforms into a child on Christmas morning (in the best way possible). Christmas truly is magical and although I hate that we cant be home this year I am looking forward to celebrating in New York! 


9. Weekend getaways. This summer Jason and I escaped the city as much as we could and really made the most of our time and I loved every single second of it. There is something about the simplicity of just getting away for a weekend or even an all day trip, with as much as we travel I really enjoy the simplicity of smaller getaways. Its nice to get a change or scenery, explore, try different foods and experience different things. Jason has totally opened me up to a world of new things (believe it or not I have never been much for the outdoors) and I have come to so enjoy things that he plans. I have high hope (but low expectations) that we will do a lot more weekend activities in the fall! 

10. Jason. Ha! yes, yes cue the cheese factor in this post. Marriage is tough dammit, even for those people who can appear to have the perfect marriage I would be my life they work really hard at it. Relationships take work, there is good and bad but man is it all worth it. Jason and I are at a place in our life and marriage (and have been for sometime) where everything just seems right and good. We have really grown together and I couldn't be happier with where we are. I look so forward to him coming home at night, some days although it sounds ridiculous I really just miss him. I love that if we are out walking we are always holding hands and it never gets old. I look so forward to getting into bed at night and just chatting. Although he can infuriate me like no other he can also make me laugh like no other. Jason truly is my best friend and every day (maybe not all day everyday, but everyday) I feel so incredibly lucky to get to do life with him. 

So on that note.. haha. I could probably go on forever because everyone has a list of things that make them happy but there is only so much time in one day and truth be told I have shit to do. 

Let the week begin! 









 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment