I'm not going to lie I am grasping at straws this week for some exciting top five things in my week! There has been no coffee or anything on account that I am still deep in detox! I am going to give you five things but I will warn you they are not all that exciting!!
Oh but before I start, are any of you guys watching the last season of Parenthood? Its literally breaking my heart.. I sat last night watching it hysterically ugly cry SOBBING. I mean tears uncontrollably streaming down my face, couldn't get out words if I tried.. awful! I am already preparing for the sob fest that will be next weeks series final. Ugh.
I hope you guys have a great weekend, if you are suppose to be getting snow I hope you stay safe and warm! We are most likely going to get more rain than snow which I am perfectly fine with!
1. Monday we started the Total Body Rapid Cleanse for 7 days, I was excited to start it but dreading it at the same time. I won't lie dragging my ass out of bed every morning and going to the gym has SUCKED, I am just not feelin' the gym right now and that's a really bad place when you are going everyday. I have totally changed my eating and have been going to the gym everyday.. so besides all the rest I actually feel pretty great! I won't lie though.. I really miss coffee.
2. Sticking with the pattern of the cleanse and how good I feel, Tanya and I have been walking our asses off all week (I wish I was speaking literally) and really exploring our area as far as we can go which we really haven't done since summer and its actually be really great! We really have been fortunate and had a mild winter so only slight bundling is required and we have basically been spending out afternoons outside which is truly a blessing in the middle of January.
3. With all this eating super healthy I have been really experimenting with all things salad related! If you would have asked me a year ago I would have told you I didn't like fruit in salad and that would have been a lie, one because I actually hadn't ever tried it and two because when I did try it I absolutely LOVE it. This week has been full of salads with strawberries, apples, berries, all kinds of vegetables and healthy garnishes. I must say though the best part of our salad eating this week has to be the fact that Jason really expanded his horizons as well. He generally sticks to chicken and croutons and although I suppose that isn't terrible I really try to encourage him to try new things, if he doesn't like it fine but if he does its great for him to change up daily salads. So the other night he came home from work and added dried cranberries and almond slivers to his salad, his salad that he ate with balsamic vinaigrette and not cesar dressing!! WIN!!
4. The Christmas tree is still up. HA! Every time I look at it I feel happiness because I absolutely love it and SWEET SWEET VICTORY because Jason has been insisting we take it down for two weeks. Sometimes its just so great to get your own way, I mean really.. who am I hurting?
5. Victoria Secret is ending their Semi Annual sale and although I have gone in and looked around a few times I knew things would get cheaper before they went away. I am honestly not THAT cheap but this happens twice a year that the bras I love which are usually $60+ go on sale and I eventually get them for $14.99 which happened today!!! I got an AMAZING strapless bra for summer for $14.99 and underwear that are usually $11.50 for $3.99!! I am a sucker for a good deal, so much so that I even tried a bunch of them on and am quite happy with my purchases.
So there you have it, a who lot of boring really but none the less nothing to complain about! I am sad that there is no football this weekend and we will still be on our detox so we don't plan on really doing much.. maybe the Christmas tree will come down, who knows! Although I do plan to continue my reading streak as I am on a roll and really making some headway on my goal to read 50 books this year!
Have a great weekend!!!
Oh.. if you are interested in some light reading, Tanya sent me this article this week and I quite enjoyed it, you can view it HERE.
This week I am also linking up with: