I wasn't going to blog today because I didn't have a post written up and its so gorgeous out today I wanted to make the most of it.. which I have! Tanya and I spent the day in the city touring around and actively hunting down the converse shoes I have been looking for. I should have just went to the Converse store in Soho to begin with apparently.. lesson learned!
Anyways as I said it is absolutely GORGEOUS out, a perfect day to enjoy the city and do some running around. Sadly the rest of the week will most likely rain which really sucks. I know its Spring but still, winter is just ending.. WE WANT TO GET OUTSIDE! Mostly I just don't want it to rain on Friday as we have tickets to the Yankee's vs. Red Sox game!
Instead of not posting today I thought I would stop in and share a few articles I've come across lately that I thought might interest you, they may not.. but here they are anyways!
1. I came across THIS article the other day.. I had to laugh, it may not be so funny if you don't live in New York or never have. Either way its worth a read!
2. Tanya sent me THIS article the other day I was SHOCKED that people have such opinions on flip flops, good lord! I will say New York City is not a place to wear flip flops because, and I say this speaking from experience.. your feet will be absolutely DISGUSTING by the time you get home. I have indeed come home with feet that are BLACK, literally the entire bottom of my feet look like I played in mud. New York city sidewalks are DIRTY! Besides that though I don't care if Jason wears flip flops and I want to live a flip flop life frankly! Deal with it.
3. I have really thought this whole Bruce Jenner becoming a woman thing is a hoax or something, I don't know why but I have just not been able to believe it, but I came across THIS article today and maybe, just maybe it is true!
4. THIS article just breaks my heart, depression is such a real thing and it just goes to show that money and fame doesn't buy happiness. This happens far too often, and I find it terribly sad. THIS article is about the same situation, just a different website. RIP. Dr. Brandt.
5. I'm not sure how I feel about THIS but let me tell you, I do love a good Bloody Mary!
6. THIS is a fantastic article! No one thing defines beauty, we need to embrace who we are and make it less about how we look.
7. THIS article kind of relates to the last one, the fact that people "fat shame" others is just really pathetic to me. I believe in being healthy, I believe that is important but Kelly Clarkson is happy with who she is, and good for her! Nobody has the right to make you feel bad about yourself, not for any reason!
So there are just a few things I have been reading as of lately! I have been reading books but honestly nothing worth reviewing! I went through all my books while we were home and brought a bunch back that I haven't read or have read and thought I might want to read again before passing on. I have been through a few and I think the one I am currently reading will be one that I will talk about when I'm done!
I hope you all had a great Easter weekend! I was super lucky and Jason ended up only working half a day yesterday so we went for a super long walk down to Hoboken which lead to many blisters and bloody feet (damn new shoes, I should have known better than to break them in on a long walk). Regardless it was super nice. We headed back when the weather turned (wind of course) and it looked like it could potentially rain. We came back to the apartment so I could change shoes and then went to see the new Fast & Furious movie.. however when we got there it was sold out. Epic fail. So we came home ordered Chinese and watched the new Angelina Jolie movie (she produced and directed it I believe), Unbroken. Amazing movie.. watch it!
I'm going to get some things done around the apartment and read until Jason gets home! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great evening!