Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Products I am Loving! 02.10.14


Good Morning,

We are still in the the wake of Christmas or so I would like to think and therefore I have some new products that I've been using that I thought I would share with you guys. As you know I get my monthly Birchbox which I love and I got a bunch of stuff for Christmas and then when I run out of stuff I sometimes try new stuff so every couple of months I run into a bunch of products, or at least a few that I love and like to share them with you guys. These are what I am loving as of lately.

The Balm Cindy-Lou Manizer



I got this product in a Birchbox a couple of months ago and truth be told at first I didn't really love it. It has such a strong gold sheen to it that it always looks sparkly and I am just not into that. I put it in my makeup bag and would look at it on occasion but never really used it. One day I was just putting on minimal makeup and thought I would use this to brighten up my cheeks a little.. turns out I absolutely love it. I generally only use this on minimal make up days because it will serve a dual purpose as blush and highlighter. I really like it, its really pigmented so a little goes a long way! I like all the Balm products I have tried and this one is no exception. 

If you are interested this is a close up of the products applied to skin...


You can purchase the full size product as pictured above for $24.99 and I do believe that is a fair price for the quality of the product and the fact that I do believe it would last forever. It can be purchased as The Balm website, Sephora, Birchbox and the make up section as Kohls. 




I have mixed feelings about sharing this one with you guys because it is truly bittersweet. I didn't know how I would feel about a body scrub when I got this one for Christmas, but I definitely love the satsuma scent so I was excited to use it. Turns out I absolutely LOVE this body scrub but for the size pictured above (200ml/ 6.75 FL OZ) is $20.00! Maybe some people are happy to spend that much on a body wash but let me tell you I am not! I suppose I could wait until they go on sale though, because I definitely want to buy more! 

This product is great, the smell lingers on your body and in your bathroom! I can go for a shower and than go in the bathroom 45 minutes later and still smell the satsuma! Naturally these come in all different scents so if you happen to see a sale at The Body Shop or are fine to spend the much money on body wash then go buy some!! Right now!!!

In case you were wondering The Body shop is currently running a sale, buy three get two free. 




One day I was watching an Aubrey Kinch makeup tutorial and I saw that she was using this palette and I was intrigued! She raved about how great it was which was evident as she had hit pan on pretty much every pot! I started looking into it and when I discovered the whole palette was priced at $14.85 I wanted it. Here's the catch, the company is based in Ireland and therefore you are going to pay a small fortune for shipping. Tanya decided that she was going to order the palette as well so it worked out great because we split the shipping and the palette still worked out to be only $20.00 which is FANTASTIC! 

I pretty much use the entire palette all year long. I use the palette every single day and with the range of colors I get use out of it when I am pale in the winter and tanned in the summer. There is a HD powder is great for setting your under eye concealer if you are looking for a bright under eye. I use the lighter of the two yellow powders as an overall face powder because my Sephora one is too dark for me right now (pathetic I know). I use the two lighter contour colors to contour in the summer and when I am a little darker I will use to two darkest color. I know I will run out of the middle shade of brown first which sucks because it is my PERFECT bronze shade with no shimmer! 

I cannot rave about this palette anymore, I will definitely be purchasing more from this website. They literally have everything, and I am anxious to try their brushes. I know you have to pay for shipping but all of this is so worth it. You can check them out HERE.



I love everything Philosophy as you may well know if you have been reading this blog for awhile so I was really excited when Jason bought me this for Christmas. He did good because I also love everything coconut. I only use this as bubble bath and I absolutely love it! This stuff gives sooooooooo many bubbles with the little bit of product and it smells AMAZING! Same as the satsuma body scrub the smell lingers on your body and in the bathroom forever! I don't really know what else to say about this stuff, I love it.. go buy it! I think Philosophy products can tend to be a little pricey but I feel this is really totally reasonably priced at $18.00 for this giant bottle!!

You can purchase this at Ulta, Sephora and I have found it at Kohl's as well. 



I have sensitive skin and so I have to be really careful about what I use on my face or it will not only break out but I will get a rash and what not.. none of it is pleasant. Anything that is specifically for sensitive skin is right up my alley! I was using the Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over Hydrating Gel Moisturizer and loved it but I felt that because during the winter months I tend to get extremely dry that I needed something a little more heavy duty. When we were home at Thanksgiving I was touring around Target (because obviously) and was looking for a moisturizer for winter when I came across this. It was on sale and Aveeno is such a great brand that I thought why not give it a try. 

I really love this stuff, it smells really good, its super thick and moisturizing but not at all greasy! I use this morning, noon (on no makeup days, because you can never have too much moisture in the winter) and night. In the morning I will use this before putting on my makeup and it makes my skin the perfect canvas to apply makeup. 

I think its reasonably priced, its a little more than your regular everyday drugstore moisturizer but significantly cheaper than a high end one. It can be purchased at Target for $14.00.



You probably remember from one of my recent High Five for Friday posts that Tanya and I were in the city and got Winter Dream Lattes at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.. it was incredible! Tanya purchased the tea that day and then decided she loved it so much she ordered some of their stuff online. She gave me some of the tea and although I tried to recreate the latte at home unsuccessfully I decided I really liked the tea a lot all on its own. The tea itself is kind of spice like but not nearly as strong as a chai or anything like that. Its advertised as "cinnamon spice and everything nice" which I think is extremely accurate. I really love this tea. 

Tanya also purchased their strawberry cream green tea and shared that as well (so nice!) and it too is absolutely amazing. Often times I find a green tea will be said to have a certain flavor and often its nothing like you would expect but these are exactly as described. If you are in the market for some tea I would highly recommend checking these out. If you cant get to a store you can purchase them online! 

So those are a few things I am loving right now, is there anything that you are using that you are loving and care to share? Keep in mind these are all my personal opinions, some of these products may or may not work for you! If you happen to try anything I have shared please let me know what you think!!! 

Have a great day!!

 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment