Friday, February 6, 2015

High Five for Friday 02.06.15

Hi guys,

I'm not going to lie I have the horrific winter blues over here, that combined with home sickness has not made for the most epic week. I swear I hate nothing worse than winter, I despise it in fact. I remember last year being at home, Jason was in Alaska and it started to snow. I went outside and sat on the front steps and just smelled the snow, it was amazing. By the next day it was gone and I was good with the whole thing. Why cant winter work like that every where? I don't get loving winter, I think the worse thing in the world is being cold and I generally am anyways so winter does not help! Can is just be spring?

Anyways enough complaining. Its been a really quiet week here because its been super cold, the weather is pretty crappy, not to mention my partner in crime is home visiting family in Canada! I don't know why I didn't make my way home for a week where its 50 degrees everyday.. that's a thought for another day though.

I did manage to pull together 5 things from this week and here I am to share!

1. THE PATRIOTS WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!
Obviously this was the best part of the week. We waited all day (which seemed like forever) for the game and it was a nail biter. In the end we won and it was absolutely FANTASTIC! I have been loving all the hype all week, I watched the Patriots celebration parade in Boston this week and the guys have been on a bunch of different talk shows and late night, plus instagram has been flooded with all kinds of pictures and videos.. its been fantastic! Time to rest of up for next season boys!!


2. Target is gearing up for Spring!

This is a bit of a tease I won't lie. I made my way to Target on Wednesday and the sidewalks were icy and slushy and basically a freakin' mess and I walk into Target and there is all their Spring clothing. I wont lie it gives me hope, they are bringing out Spring clothing so it must be coming, not to mention the fact that those bright colors just made me happy. I was tempted to buy something just to hang it in my closet so I could look at it. On that note all my Spring/Summer clothes are at home right now because between Jason (YES JASON) and I we have way too many clothes to fit in the tiny closet here so we switch them out according to season, anyways I took note of my winter wardrobe and its pretty drab. All black, grey, navy blue.. I need to spice things up a little. geesh! 

3. Books, Books and more Books!

I have been reading up a storm if you can tell from all the book reviews around here. I love to read and this is the perfect time of year to do a lot of that because there is a lot more in door time. I have been flying through books and last week I decided to pick up American Sniper because I had heard so much about the movie, I finished that one (stay tuned for a book review, naturally) and grabbed Lone Survivor at Target when I was there this week. I am really interested in these war books and a look at things from the inside. So far and I am really enjoying Lone Survivor as well. Sometimes all you need is a cup of tea and a good book!

4. Trivia Crack. 

Judge if you will but honestly I don't play any games on my phone, any games online and I don't have facebook for any of those games. So last week when I was watching Essie Button's January favorites video and she mentioned this app she had called Trivia Crack that she was loving I thought I would check it out. I'm not going to lie I am addicted, I made my Mom get it so I had someone else to play against. I like anything that causes you to think a little extra and this game is fantastic. You can find it at the App store for free if you want to give it a whirl, or you can check it out HERE


5. Geek Squad

OK this one may seem a little lame but it was a lifesaver for me this week. We purchased our computer through Best Buy years ago and we ended up getting the extended warranty with Geek Squad, I have to say because our computer is junk we have definitely used it and continued to renew it as time has gone on. Anyways I have been having problems with my blog, I thought I had a virus or something and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I have been running virus scans and Googling anything and everything to see how to fix it and getting no where. I finally decided to go on the Geek Squad website yesterday and see if they could help. It was the best decision I could have made, they fixed it in less than an hour and I didn't have take it in and keep it for days. They logged into my computer and I watched them do everything and they fixed it all. They answered all my questions and it was all part of our plan so I didn't pay a cent! I couldn't be happier with the results. 


So that was my week, nothing exciting but there you have it. We are going out to dinner tonight which I am really excited for, I just want out of the apartment and not to have to cook. Its the little things people. 

I hope you guys have a great weekend, stay warm because if you are like us you will probably be getting snow as well. 

This week I am linking up with:




 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! Hope all is well - considering all this snow and cold and crap! Just wanted to say if you get stuck in a cold climate in future, I bought a pair of women's long underwear. I remember they used to be really bulky & uncomfortable (before your time). My friend suggested them to me as we do a lot of outdoor stuff together. Honestly, they are SO comfortable; almost like leggings so they fit under most pants I wear. They also have tops, but since I'm 'of an age', I didn't feel I needed those. But on cold and especially windy days down by the lake, they've been great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy! I might have to get some, I've seen them at Kohl's recently!! Do you know the brand you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry things have been kind of a drag this winter. But Spring is coming! I can feel it. And that was quite the Super Bowl game! I don't root for either team, but I really despise Pete Carroll, so watching his face at the end of the game when the Patriots won was just priceless :) Thanks for linking up with us this week at H54F!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Katie, I cannot wait for Spring let me tell ya!! Loving the new link up and how personalized you guys have made it! :)

      Delete