Thursday, February 19, 2015

Browser Hijacking? Say Wha?

Good Afternoon,

I hope you guys are staying warm out there is this NASTY weather people are calling winter.. I prefer to refer to it as a big giant pain in the ass.


Seriously though?

I would rant about how much I want to go home, and may very well be on a plane at this point but they are getting the same cold, in the south.. what the hell? Winter is just depressing, I know I pretty much complain about it here daily but good lord why won't it go away. 

Yesterday Tanya and I went into the city, I got all bundled up to walk to the PATH station so I didn't freeze, then you get to the subway and its literally sweltering so I strip down (appropriately.. hat, gloves.) and wait to get on the subway which is going to be so full with people you are going to sweat even more! Then you get off the subway and go outside and you freeze, worse now because you have just been sweating. Do you remember the days where you don't have to wear 12 layers to go out the door? I miss those days. I know my flip flops miss me, I just know it. 

Anyways as I have mentioned around here for the last little while I have been having a lot of trouble with my blog. I was convinced it was a virus and couldn't understand for the life of me why our virus protector wasn't picking it up. I had Jason look into the pop ups I was getting and play around with things and when that didn't provide results I had Geek Squad go over our computer twice and see what they could find. It always seemed to be a temporary fix and a day or two later the pop ups were back and guys let me tell you I would sit here and cry out of sheer frustration. 

Throughout all this time I did a ton of research online just with Google and seeing what Blogger itself offered for resources and I wasn't really finding anything that was helpful. I will admit I am by no means technically savvy and although I try I definitely wasn't getting anywhere. I found a forum the other night and was reading it not sure if it would help, and when I mentioned to Tanya the next day what I was dealing with she looked and came across the same forum so I decided to post a question hoping someone could help. After a day I was referred to another forum where they felt I would get more answered. I have to say I was super impressed with the response that I got. 

The gentlemen who responded to my question said that it sounded like the problem I was experiencing was "Browser Hijacking" , not only did he provide that exact link so I was aware of what I was dealing with but he gave links to websites he thought would be helpful in getting rid of my problem. Basically he advised going into my 'add and remove programs' and finding anything that I don't remember downloading and get rid of it. So after some searching for that, as I said I am not technically savvy I came across a whole bunch of crap that I know I didn't download. However instead of just deleting willy nilly I figured I should consult Jason on it, I showed him the information I was given on the forum and he spent a good hour or so screwing around and apparently it worked because here I am with no issues. I am praying it lasts!!! How frustrating the last two months have been every time I try and blog. 

Anyways I don't really have a lot to say today, but I wanted to stop by and make sure my blog was actually working pop up free and I figured while I was here I might share a few articles with you that have been interesting to me that you might want to check out. 

As you all know if you have been around here for awhile we are currently living in Jersey City. Tanya sent me this article the other day that I found interesting but not really surprising. You can read it HERE.

As I mentioned in last weeks HF4F post I have been drinking more Dunkin Donut's than Starbucks, shocking I know. I guess I just get tired of Starbucks because I generally get the same thing, its not very often they switch up their menu except for holidays and I pretty much only drink one or two of their holiday drinks. They did add the Cinnamon Dolce Latte recently but I feel that's a drink you have to be in the mood for. Tanya and I were talking about it the other day as we passed by a Starbucks and had a conversation stating all of the above mentioned... Yesterday Tanya sent me THIS.. its like they were reading our minds! 

If you know me at all you know I am not a very patient person and one of my biggest pet peeves ever is a lack of social etiquette. Hold the door for people, walk on the right side of the sidewalk, don't take up the whole side walk, pay attention to your surroundings, use MANNERS and so on. I think its just common decency but let me tell y'all nobody here has it. Maybe I am at a disadvantage growing up in Canada where people are just nice, always.. then we moved to the South where people literally run ahead of you to open and hold the door for you, no one can help you enough, its incredible. Here it is nothing to have someone let the door slam in your face, walk towards you on the WRONG side of the sidewalk and expect you to move for them (Its actually hilarious when you just stand in front of them and stare waiting for them to move, it totally freaks them out) and so on. No one here has any manners at all it seems, so when Tanya sent me THIS article yesterday I was in stitches.. if you read no other article I have talked about here, at least check out this one. 

Nothing overly exciting but none the less some things that have interested me this week. I did finish reading a book this week but I am not going to review it here because I don't have anything good to say about it, but if you are interested in checking it out (don't waste your time) you can view it HERE

I have one last book around the apartment to read and then I am on the hunt, with these cold days I need good things to read. Any suggestions? What are y'all reading?? 

So that's my scoop today, nothing very exciting and a whole lot of rambling. You're welcome! 

Thanks for stopping by guys, have a fantastic day!! If you are all about the Thursday night ABC shows like I am.. ENJOY!


 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment