Monday, January 30, 2012

Alaska might actually be a good thing???

I GOT THE JOB!!!! Tom called tonight and offered me the job and I happily accepted!! I start on Wednesday!

I'm not going to lie I had pretty much talked myself into not getting my hopes up because at the interview he told me that I was the only person he was interviewing that didn't have 10+ years experience in the field. Obviously that was a huge downfall on my part, on top of that he knew that I will be leaving in a year and he had said that this is something that most people get into for a long time. I did the only thing I could, I went in there knowing I had no experience, was myself and hoped for the best!!! Turns out that was enough!

With everything that has gone on with our situation and not being able to work I have an abundance of emotion, I am so super excited to have secured a job so soon after we have arrived, this is not something I expected. I am so grateful that I didn't have to go through the whole process of looking for jobs, sending out resumes and going to interviews and then facing rejection!! Somehow things have fallen into place so much better than I ever expected.. I feel so lucky!

I'm now so anxious to start, the position requires dressy clothes which I actually don't have so tomorrow night we will go out shopping which of course is exciting news to everyone but Jason! Haha! I am anxious to feel useful again, and contribute! We knew that the wages were low out here and it wasn't a big deal, Jason has suggested something part time, but I really wanted something to occupy my time out here because otherwise I might go nutty! This is more money than we ever thought I would make which even better, plus we get FREE RENT!!

There is a lot of bonus' that come along with this job and I couldn't be happier! I thought I would fill you all in as promised!!

Now lets hope I don't get eaten by a moose walking to and from.

No comments:

Post a Comment