Friday, December 27, 2013

Post Christmas Party!

Well hello ya'll!

I hope you and all your families had a wonderful Christmas holiday and are still enjoying time off if you have it and if not are preparing for the fabulous New Year ahead!

Our Christmas was fantastic, however this is not my Christmas post.. this is playing catch up and quickly because I haven't been here, I have a lot to tell and we have company due to arrive today and I still have shit to do to prepare! HA! So I thought I would stop in while I had a minute (not really but I am making a minute) I would go back to the 23rd and tell ya'll how that played out!

Jason and Evan were suppose to head to the Hurricanes game that night but long story short Evan didn't end up making it so Jason and I went! I don't know why I didn't pay attention or maybe had a continuous blond moment while Jason was talking about it, but I didn't realize until we were on our way that it was an NHL game (Carolina Hurricanes and Columbus Blue Jackets) and it was Jason's first NHL game! So although I felt bad that Evan didn't get to go when he was looking so forward to it I was pretty excited to go with Jason, being his first NHL game and all!

Anyways it rained cats and dogs ALL DAY that day and I'm not sure if it was due to the weather or not but my hip had been killing me for days and walking was not my strong suit. Luckily despite to rain and TERRIBLE North Carolina drivers we made it to the game in GREAT time and got fabulous parking!


Because we made such good time we decided to grab beers before finding our seats! I couldn't believe the variety of beers the stadium had and was not at all surprised about the price but color me surprised when I found LABATT BLUE ON TAP!!! Hello happy Canadian!!!


I mean if that isn't the start to a great night I really don't know what is! I was so thrilled that I really couldn't wait for the game to start. 

We found our seats and watch the Zamboni drive around and get the ice ready for the game, I was pretty impressed with the set up but these guys were TERRIBLE drivers. 





Then it was GAME TIME!







I'm not going to lie the Hurricanes SUCK! It wasn't like any hockey game I had ever seen before! None the less it was 2 days from Christmas, so we decided to eat, drink and be merry! Honestly we really did enjoy the game, it was a great time.. we both love sport events! There was a lot of snacking.. I felt so guilty after... check out this bad boy!


Overall we had a great night, it was nice to get out and do something instead of sitting around waiting for Christmas!

I will be back with a Christmas update and then get back on track in the New Year but I'm not going to lie I am not sure when I will make it back. You see my Dad, Aunt and Uncle are currently on their way and although we haven't heard from the traveling trio they are due to arrive anytime after 6:00pm for a week! Jason and I couldn't be more thrilled, we miss them terribly and they haven't seen the house yet! So although I really miss you guys and want to fill you in on whats going on in our world, recap Christmas and all that jazz I really want to soak up every second of family time I can, as I really don't get a lot of it! 

We are hoping they get here hungry, we plan to introduce them to some good Southern BBQ to start their trip off right, and who knows what the rest of the trip will bring!

I promise I will be back soon! In the meantime if you want to leave a comment and tell me about your Christmas I would love to hear about it!! I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful time of year and stay tuned as I promise to return!!!







 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment