Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Products I've been Trying & What I Think 7.7.15

Good Morning,

If you have been following along in the past few weeks you might have heard me mention Big Lots and how I have been finding amazing deals on makeup there and therefore trying more things. Contrary to popular belief (by men) you can never have enough makeup! So I thought I would pop in today and share with you some things I have been loving that you may love too!

1. L'Oreal True Match Mattifying Mineral Finish - Translucent. 


I don't actually use a lot of powders, I have a Sephora pressed powder and two powders in my Blank Canvas cosmetics palette but when I saw this I was intrigued. I don't know if its because its the summer months or what by my skin has become so oily and I'm not going to lie its been awful. I thought I would give this powder a shot because it was only $2.50 (no I'm not kidding) and I would say it was definitely worth the $2.50! I don't generally care for loose powders but I would say the packaging makes it really easy to use! You can get this to match you skin color as well and I would definitely recommend it. 

I don't know if the things I have found at Big Lots can still be found in store, but if you happen to come across it or be by a Big Lots its definitely worth popping in!

2. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer - Nude


Now this I know you can still get in Target and Walmart because I have been eyeing it for quite some time, therefore when I came across it at Big Lots for $3.00 instead of the $7.00 + dollars I have seen it for I grabbed it. I purchased the nude color because that's all that they had and figured it might work for me having a little bit of color from summer sun.. sadly it was still a little dark for me but no fear, I found another use for it. I recently ran out of an eyelid primer and just haven't purchased a new one yet and this works PERFECT for that! It conceals the veins on my eyes and because its luminous gives a nice bright base for my eye shadow! I would definitely purchase this in the lighter color to use as a highlighting concealer but for now I am super happy with how this is working out as eyelid primer! 

3. L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara - 983 Carbon Black


Always on the hunt for the perfect mascara? Well you can stop looking because I just found it for you! This mascara is AMAZING!!! The wand is absolutely PERFECT and so is the formula! This stuff makes me lashes thick and gives great volume, it lasts all day long and never flakes! With such a small wand it is also perfect for your bottom lashes and wont get it all over your face! These are $3.00 at Big Lots so I wont lie I have stocked up! $3.00 for mascara is super cheap, let alone for this mascara! This does also come in waterproof. 

4. Body Image Body Benefits Face & Body Faux Sea Sponges


I bought this mostly for the little sponge, I have been looking for a little sponge like this for washing my face and this is absolutely perfect. It was $1.80 for both sponges which is a great deal, I would have paid that for the little one! It basically works as a light exfoliator with my cleanser and I definitely feel that with using this my skin feels a lot cleaner and fresher after cleansing. 

What do you use to wash your face? Any recommendations?

5. Maybelline Bouncy Blush - 15 Rose Petal & 40 Pink Plum


I had never used cream blush before and I was really interested as everyone said it was much more natural looking than your regular powder blush. I came across this at Target quite some time ago and decided to give it a try. I purchased 40 Pink Plum first and totally fell in love with it! I apply it with a duo fiber stippling brush and it applies so amazing and blends out seamlessly! You can apply it with your fingers if you would like, I have seen a lot of people do it that way but I really like the brush. I like this stuff so much that I purchased another shade! 


You can picture a few of the colors available above, there is really something for everyone. They definitely are so natural looking and if you are new to cream blushes this would be a great option for a beginner! 

6. Rimmel Scandalize Waterproof Eyeliner - Kohl Kajal


The color that I have (Kohl Kajal) is the dark blue, third from the top! But let me tell you after finding this picture I plan to purchase the brown one on top! 

People have been raving about these for a really long time because they blend wonderfully and have great straying power for your water line! The nude one is the most talked about shade but for me because I wear glasses I use a white Wet n' Wild eye pencil for my water line.. the brighter the better! I decided I wanted to branch out and try a different color for my eyes and although I always thought blue eye shadow and eye liner wasn't for people with blue eyes I have learned that done right it absolutely can be. These eye liners are very pigmented and blend out so nicely so a little can go a long way. You can go for a really deep dark line or smoke it out with a brush and it looks great too! I think these are $4.00 or $5.00 and well worth it! 

7. Milani Lipstick - Nude Creme


I have been wanting this lipstick for soooooooo long and don't know why I didn't ever buy it! Milani isn't sold everywhere and I don't go to Walmart all that often so when I came across it a couple of weeks ago I bit the bullet and got it because I thought it would be really great for summer. First let me just say I absolutely LOVE the packaging, its super classy, the lipstick itself smells very strongly of watermelon and I don't know how I feel about that, but its not terrible. The formula of the lipstick is great, this is the only Milani lipstick I won and I would definitely purchase more. I think this color would suit all skin types, its a great everyday color! 

So those are a few products I have been trying in the last little while, I would love to know what you guys have been trying and would or wouldn't recommend. The great thing about sharing what you like and don't like is you can potentially save someone else money by giving them the down low first! 

I hope you are all having a great week, thank you for stopping by!!

 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment