Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Mood

Good Morning!!

I suppose its almost afternoon and I'm not going to lie it feels like it! I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights and this morning I got up at 5:30am with Jason's alarm and couldn't get back to sleep. It wasn't a huge deal on account that GE was suppose to be here between 8am and 12pm to fix the dryer but its 11:20am and they still haven't shown up. Go figure. (The literally knocked just after I typed that).

I had intended to post about our new truck and truthfully our old truck today but I am just not into it. I have the whole post planned out which would lead you to believe it would be easy to write but sadly I'm just not into it. Maybe I am still a little emotional about getting rid of our old truck, except the new one is pretty epic! This week, I promise!

I feel like the next few weeks around here the posts are going to be pretty sporadic so I really wanted to make an effort to get here this week and post regularly because the two weeks that follow I'm not sure how much I will be around but honestly I don't feel like I have anything to say or post about.. which I suppose happens.

I feel like with settling into the apartment, getting things we need, the new truck, installations (you read that we've already tried two internet/cable providers), maintenance issues and so on we have been pretty busy almost every day! Not that I'm complaining about that on account that I am looking forward to going home and the time we've been here has been flying but also because lets be honest it is always good to be busy!

Our weekend was really good, Friday we had our cable installation for Comcast which went great and we couldn't be happier with the service. This is exactly what we had in New Jersey and we definitely prefer it, so although I am pissed at Verizon Fios for their crap customer service I am happy that we made the switch because we are much happier.

Saturday we did a bunch of running around in the morning and then got together at Dave and Lindsey's for a pizza making party which was fantastic! Dave made homemade pizza dough and cooked them directly on the grill and I was so impressed with how they turned out! We all crafted our own which I love and after they were done Blanca turned me on to topping my pizza with arugula and balsamic vinaigrette, it was amazing!! We had a great night!

Yesterday was laid back, we were both up early so I got the apartment cleaned early and then we headed out to run some errands and get grocery shopping done for the week. Its been SO HOT out this last week so we spent the afternoon at the pool before coming home for dinner. I am all about summer weather but for some reason the unrelenting heat is getting to me just a little, I was so happy to wake up to thunder this morning and I wont lie I hoped it was going to stay gloomy and stormy all day but the sun is really trying to peak out!

Overall we had a great weekend, its so strange that Jason is home so much on this job but I really love it! We get a ton of stuff ton and so much time together and its been great!

Anyways because I've been up since really early I thought I would share some interesting articles I've read this morning with you all, I haven't done a post on articles I've been reading lately but I should.. maybe this week!


  • How scary is THIS????
  • THIS is so terribly sad, regardless of the fact that we had an idea it was coming its absolutely heartbreaking. 22 years old is far too young to leave this world, I really hope they find answers to what lead to her demise. Read more HERE
  • I read THIS article this morning and had to wonder why two 14 year old boys were even out in a boat alone in the ocean, is this allowed? I thought you had to be driving age (16-17) with a boating license. 
  • I am dying to read THIS book and see the movie. Have you guys read it? If so, what did you think?
  • I will take all the help I can get, read HERE for 10 superfoods that will help you sleep. 
  • THIS cracks me up, you have to love Blake's sense of humor.. but can I just say I am entirely SHOCKED still by their sudden divorce. 
  • If you don't follow The Daily Tay, you really should! She is HILARIOUS! Check out today's post HERE
  • One of the bloggers I have followed for years recently started her own boutique and she has some amazing stuff, if you are a clothes lover like myself I highly recommend checking out the Ollie Marie Boutique HERE
So that's it for today guys! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are soaking up all of this summer weather we are having! Thank you as always for stopping in! 

Have a great day!! 



 photo Signature_zps30f5eb11.png

No comments:

Post a Comment