Sunday, January 27, 2013

COLD COLD COLD!

Hello again!

Well although we didn't plan it we decided to take a drive to Seward today because Jason really wanted to shoot his gun so bad and we really want to make the most of our time here and right now the most time we will have is until the end of February, however Jason could leave at any time! So although it is ABSOLUTELY FREEZING outside we decided later than usual that we would get ready and take a drive.. everything else can wait!

So we got in the car, got the oh so important Starbucks and headed down the road. I took a ton of pictures today although as I mentioned on the snapfish album it was all through the truck window because it was just WAY WAY TOO cold to have the window down driving down the road! But I still think I got some good pictures, I know they are probably pictures you've seen a million times but I swear it never gets old, and the pictures don't even do it justice.

We made it all the way down to Seward basically and pulled into a gravel pit so Jason could shoot, I was going to but I don't do well with the cold and just couldn't stand out there that long, besides.. I really had to pee. I was standing out there watching thinking if I didn't pee than I would have to stop at one of those crappy disgusting germ infested plague ridden out house bathrooms and I just could bare the thought of freezing my ass off while catching some foreign disease! So I made good use of my empty Starbucks cup and tinkled in that! HAHA! That's right lady and gents, I went outside!!! However I feel that the fact that I did it in a Starbucks cup adds quite a bit of class. HAHA!

So we drove home along the ocean to an absolutely amazing sunset.. unfortunately the damn camera died!!!

We just got home and Jason is making halibut and chips for dinner and we are going to have a quiet night. We really had so much to do today and I really did plan to do it but we have so little time here that we feel the need to take advantage of it as much as we can. This week we will get stuff done, I'm not too worried about it, we are practically experts at packing and moving.

You know as much as I am ready to leave Alaska I will absolutely miss its beauty.. I don't think we will ever see the things we've seen here anywhere else. The scenery is definitely not what I dislike about living here. I'm always ready for our next adventure but sometimes the idea of leaving familiarity is really hard.

I hope you all had an amazing weekend and enjoy the pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment