Friday, April 19, 2013

Can you keep a secret?

Alright, I know I haven't been around much but truth be told on a day to day basis there really just isn't anything to tell. Its cold and miserable here, we often still wake up to a couple centimetres of snow and then it melts away throughout the day.

Now we have some mixed news so as promised I thought I would stop in today and fill you in on the recent changes in life! I will start with the bad news!

So SaskPower has pulled the plug on commissioning on this project, which isn't necessarily bad news because what it means is there is absolutely no possibility of us being here past the summer! I don't know exactly what happened, I believe a huge part of it is that there is no housing! Again its not really bad news because we really had no intentions of staying here past the end of summer anyways.

However this is the bad news. Apparently Jason's boss was evaluating the budget and basically said that we cannot stay in the hotel for the duration of our stay! He said that it was too costly and that the SHIT HOLE apartment we came here to and hated has to be our option. Honestly I cant even tell you how absolutely incredibly pissed off I am. They are having someone clean it and the carpets are being cleaned today but still its bullshit! So Jason will get the keys tonight apparently and we will move on Monday.

We have absolutely no furniture besides an air mattress and we obviously don't want to spend the money on a bunch of stuff we know were not going to keep for 3 months. So we will use the air mattress and probably by a cheap futon and go from there. We at least brought our kitchen stuff and blankets so on that front we will be fine.

Basically I'm mad because I feel like that job is such a mess and they are treating Jason like they are doing him a favor by having him out here.. they need him out here!! I'm not being bias but the Canadian division ALWAYS relies on the American division to come in and fix what they cant do. The guys out here don't have any field experience and not a clue as to what they are doing. I'm mad.

BUT! Here is where you need to keep a secret. As most of you know my blog is private and in order to read it I have to send an invite, so when I say what I'm about to say PLEASE do not comment on facebook where everyone can read it, feel free to comment here until we share this news with everyone else.. and when we do you will know.

After a lot of though, talking and consideration Jason and I have decided to take the big step of buying our first home :D:D:D:D:D Actually we are not buying an existing home we are building one!

I'm not sure how much I have talked about this before on here but Jason and I are building a beautiful just over 2434 square foot home in BEAUTIFUL Raleigh, North Carolina! We signed the papers yesterday and sent them in with our deposit! On our first roll out we will head down to North Carolina for a couple of days and sign the rest of our papers and view the lot as we ended up going with a different one than we had looked at when we were there in March.

All in all the house will be completely finished at the end of September or the beginning of October and we couldn't be happier. We will get to pick the colors, flooring, granite, cabinet types, carpets, fixtures, you name it we are going to design it. We couldn't be more excited about having our own home, designing it... basically just having our own space.

We aren't keeping it a secret really, basically we just started the process and although we did a pre-qualification when we were down there and were fine we just want to make sure we get everything started running smoothly before we tell everyone!

So that is our big exciting news, I'm going to attach the link to the home and you can do the virtual tour of the model we viewed. Our home will look exactly the same just different colors basically. Same layout! Please tell us what you think, this is definitely a HUGE stepping stone in our life and towards are future we are so excited!!

Hope all is well with everyone, we have nothing exciting planned. Going to probably take a few things over to the apartment tomorrow *GAGS* and try and find some furniture and move on Monday. Once we are in there I will let you know how things are going!

http://www.kbhome.com/new-homes-raleigh-durham/brandemere-and-the-glen/plan-2434-modeled#planDetails

1 comment:

  1. Well I'd say it's mostly GOOD news! The house is lovely! Lots to look forward to. You'll be so happy to have a place to call your own.

    ReplyDelete