Thursday, November 22, 2012

HAPPY AMERICAN THANKSGIVING!!

Well hello all,

I don't have a lot of time but I thought I would stop in and wish you all a very Happy American Thanksgiving!

Its been a super busy week here with work, getting ready for Christmas.. which I know seems a little ridiculous when today is Thanksgiving but truth be told Christmas is around the corner and when you have to ship gifts to another country you need to get a head start!

Work has been busy.. I got to wrap 600 boxes of chocolates for all the residents at Christmas!! If you don't believe me.. take a look!

 
Jason and I managed to get our Christmas tree though and all our decorations to which we will put all together on Sunday! Jason is so excited for Christmas!!
 
Last night we went out to dinner, and managed to get the rest of the things we needed for today which was a feat all in itself! Honestly the grocery store was full of stupidity and ignorance! I wanted to kill someone.. it was ridiculous.. why does that always happen around the holidays?? People aren't any nicer let me tell you!
 
Anyways I'm in good shape today, turkey is in, home made pie is done! Apartment is clean and everything else is ready to go! I only managed to slice one finger while cutting the squash.. not to shabby! Take a gander!
 

 
Anyways I'm off to put the last load of laundry away and then start on my Christmas presents! I just ordered Jason's anniversary gift.. it was a really hard decision and will definitely be late but I think it will be worth it in the end!
 
I hope everyone has a great day, I'm thankful to be off work today! Truthfully though I think its easy to lose sight of all the great things you have in your life in everyday life. Its easy to be miserable about your job, surroundings (wicked cold Alaska) and not look at all the good things you have.. all that you have to be thankful for. I may hate my job, and be stuck in miserable cold Alaska but I'm here with Jason and that will always trump the bad. I'm so grateful to be married to Jason and for our wonderful life together.
 
If I don't get back here before the weekend I will make sure to do so on the weekend and post pictures of my turkey and what not. Unfortunately Jason is working today and I don't know what time he will be home.. but he carves the turkey so there will be no eating without him!
 
Have a great rest of the week everyone! Be thankful.. not only today but everyday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment